Chambers

Default Check valve for waste pump

Hi,

I have a waste pump in my basement that is connected via a check valve to
our main waste line. The problem I have is the installed check valve makes a
loud noise when the pump stops.

Please give me any suggestions for a more quiet check valve.

Thanks

Matt

Chambers wrote:
Hi,

I have a waste pump in my basement that is connected via a check valve to
our main waste line. The problem I have is the installed check valve makes a
loud noise when the pump stops.

Please give me any suggestions for a more quiet check valve.

Are you sure it's only the valve? It may depend on what the pipe is
bolted to, e.g. a hollow wall.

Chambers wrote:
Hi,

I have a waste pump in my basement that is connected via a check valve to
our main waste line. The problem I have is the installed check valve makes a
loud noise when the pump stops.

Please give me any suggestions for a more quiet check valve.

Thanks

This noise you hear indicates the proper operation of the check valve.
When the pump shuts off, the weight of the water on top of the valve
closes the valve against its base. These components are usually rubber
in which you should hear a dull thudd, however, if the rubber is
hardened, the rubber parts on the valve are worn, or it is just a cheap
check valve, the noise may be exaggerated. Just take out the check
valve and swap it out with a new one from Sears or HD. See if the
noise is reduced. One additional option would be to wrap the PVC with
foam to help further deaden the noise.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Chambers" wrote in message

Please give me any suggestions for a more quiet check valve.

Vertical or horizontal mounted? If you have a spring check you can go to a
swing check.

Since it is a ****ty job, I'd leave it unless it is waking up the neighbors.

Chambers

Hi,

Hi,

The valve is about a year old. However, I am willing to replace it with a
more quite valve.

I'll try your foam rap suggestion.

Thanks

wrote in message
oups.com...

Chambers wrote:
[...]

You should hear a thud, mine does it too when the pump shuts and the
valve closes. Mine is vertically installed.

Chambers

Hi,

Does anyone know of a powered check valve that is more quiet? My thinking
is, a powered valve might have more precise closing?

Thanks

"Chambers" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a waste pump in my basement that is connected via a check valve to
our main waste line. The problem I have is the installed check valve makes
a loud noise when the pump stops.

Please give me any suggestions for a more quiet check valve.

Thanks

Speedy Jim

Chambers wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a powered check valve that is more quiet? My thinking
is, a powered valve might have more precise closing?

Do a GOOGLE search for: Quiet + Check + Valve

There will be a lot to sort thru, but they are out there.

Jim

DiDo

You most have lot of back pressure that is why
you hear thud, there are some rubber check valves
that maybe perhaps quieter but not necessarily as good
power check valve I never hear of such thing

ups.com...