Default Reventing Fridge

My fridge vents from underneath which wreaks havoc on the linoleum on
the summer (warping it). I want to redirect the vent. And my first
thought is to slice a PVC pipe in half and vent it to one side then
perhaps a full pipe upwards. Is there a more "elegant" (prefab) solution?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]
Tim Fischer

Best to get a new unit that has the coils on the back, rather than venting
from underneath.

-Tim

What a nightmare THAT was. When my mom was alive she refused to
let us put in a fridge that didn't fit perfectly in the opening like
the old one. So the old one lasted 36yrs. (I know this is baseless
superstition, but when we put in one that didn't fit perfectly after
she died, the brand new fridge seized and stopped working less thana
week after installation. The new one fits perfectly!)

Of course, the other route is to replace the linoleum with something
more substantial, like marble tile.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:24:23 +0000 (UTC)
posted:

What a nightmare THAT was. When my mom was alive she refused to
let us put in a fridge that didn't fit perfectly in the opening like

I agree with your mother. It should look right.

the old one. So the old one lasted 36yrs. (I know this is baseless

Mine is 26 years old now and hasn't got a scratch on it. A mouse got
caught in the fan and I was afraid it would overheat in the 4 weeks
before I got around to fixing it, but it didn't.

3 months later, the fan stopped again. It only took me a week this
time, and it was a piece of foam rubber.

superstition, but when we put in one that didn't fit perfectly after
she died, the brand new fridge seized and stopped working less thana
week after installation. The new one fits perfectly!)

Of course, the other route is to replace the linoleum with something
more substantial, like marble tile.

I don't get it. My Sears model has the coils on the bottom, and the
fan on the bottom, and some tray on the bottom, so I guess it vents on
the bottom (if there is a vent) and my vinyl linoleum looks no
different from anywhere.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

Fridge running warm, help troubleshooting? [email protected] Home Repair 7 June 30th 05 04:25 PM
Built in fridge problem Peter UK diy 2 December 1st 04 04:25 PM
loud, high-pitched fridge Emilia's Human Home Repair 6 November 28th 04 03:38 PM
Integrated fridge John UK diy 3 April 29th 04 12:08 PM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM