PipeDown

Default Shower valves

I have read the boxes and the stuff on the website but nothing substitutes
for a somple answer from someone who has one.

I understand that Thermostatic pressure balance shower valves have a limited
range of temp, you can't get full hot or full cold no matter what.

But what about regular pressure balance valves.

Can you go to full hot and cold? (it just regulates at that temp better but
you can at least get cold and hot)

Do these valves always run at full volume?

EL

Most of the ones I've seen can go full cold to full hot, or at least very close. Most also have an adjustable stop screw to
limit how far they can go toward "hot", as a safety measure.

Models are available with and without volume control.

To see some examples, Symmons' website is pretty good. Go to www.symmons.com and type "temptrol" into the search box, or
just browse.

Eric Law

Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
Low flow shower valves? [email protected] Home Repair 8 July 22nd 05 05:01 PM
Faulty thermostats in bar shower valves Lobster UK diy 13 March 8th 05 10:50 PM
Shower Pumps and Thermostatic Shower Valves jdi UK diy 4 December 20th 04 04:12 PM
old shower valves - removing handles bill Home Repair 2 November 13th 04 04:32 PM