Bob

Default Masking inside windows

I am going to be spray painting the trim on a number of inside wood
windows-each window has 12 separate panes of glass (separated by wood
strips). I need to mask all the glass surfaces. In the past this has
involved lots of making tape/paper/ and time.

I thought I had seen in a home improvement store(Lowe's? Home Depot?),sheets
of material with an adhesive backing that you could cut to the size of your
particular windows(the sheets had lines drawn at various dimensions to
assist in getting the right size)-then just stick the sheet on the window as
you would masking tape. This would provide a perfect fit in much less time.

Has anyone out there seen or heard of such a product, and if so would you be
so kind as to pass the information along.

Thank you,

Bob

Rudy

Walmart has a clear, 'peel n stick' type plastic film that comes in ~ 30" W
rolls with the lines on the backing IIRC.
That said, I'm not sure its any easier than perhaps cutting out say,
newsprint (since the panes are all the same size, right?) and applying with
masking tape.

I thought I had seen in a home improvement store(Lowe's? Home

Depot?),sheets
of material with an adhesive backing that you could cut to the size of

your
particular windows(the sheets had lines drawn at various dimensions to
assist in getting the right size)-then just stick the sheet on the window

as
you would masking tape.

Rick

Bob wrote:
I am going to be spray painting the trim on a number of inside wood
windows-each window has 12 separate panes of glass (separated by wood
strips). I need to mask all the glass surfaces. In the past this has
involved lots of making tape/paper/ and time.

I thought I had seen in a home improvement store(Lowe's? Home Depot?),sheets
of material with an adhesive backing that you could cut to the size of your
particular windows(the sheets had lines drawn at various dimensions to
assist in getting the right size)-then just stick the sheet on the window as
you would masking tape. This would provide a perfect fit in much less time.

Has anyone out there seen or heard of such a product, and if so would you be
so kind as to pass the information along.

Thank you,

You might want to try masking liquid:

http://www.budekes.com/monthly_specials.htm

Hopkins

Go to a paint store and say, "booth coat".

Hopkins

We used GAA [general purpose grease] in the Army when masking a vehicle
for paint.

In this case I think you'd have to be as careful with vaseline as you
do booth coat. The advantage with booth coat is that it peels off --
you don't have to wash windows afterward.