CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Default HVAC Relay

I am installing a few booster fans on my furnace. I want to get more
air to my bedroom that has some large windows which I think is why it
does not maintain the desired temperature, while many other rooms can.
I am also adding a booster to my computer room vent. My computers
generate a lot of heat which makes using the room suck in the summer.
In the winter I dont need the boost.

So I need a relay or a pair of relays to do this job. I looked in
Grainger and found a couple I think fit the bill.

Steveco 90-293Q
8A@120VAC inductive SPDT

and also
Steveco 90-290Q
8A@120VAC Inductive SPNO

and
Steveco 90-370
14A@120VAC inductive SPDT

I am considering 2x the 90-370 relay so I can disconnect one of them in
the winter time, and use both during Summer months. They have 24v coil
voltage. I am hoping this will work ok. Main problem is I don't have a
source for the relays. Grainger wont sell to public, and Radio Shack
don't seem to carry similar relays, and I don't see any at local
hardware store either.

Any tips on where I can find relays?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
FDR

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
[...]

Try DigiKLey, Alklied Electronics, Newark Electronics.

HeatMan

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
I am installing a few booster fans on my furnace. I want to get more
air to my bedroom that has some large windows which I think is why it
does not maintain the desired temperature, while many other rooms can.
I am also adding a booster to my computer room vent. My computers
generate a lot of heat which makes using the room suck in the summer.
In the winter I dont need the boost.

If you need booster fans, you have a ductwork problem. If you only need the
additional cooling during the summer, won't a window shaker work?

If you DO put in the booster fans, you are guaranteed to have airflow
problems when the fans stop working....

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

HeatMan wrote:
"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message

I am installing a few booster fans on my furnace. I want to get more
air to my bedroom that has some large windows which I think is why it
does not maintain the desired temperature, while many other rooms can.
I am also adding a booster to my computer room vent. My computers
generate a lot of heat which makes using the room suck in the summer.
In the winter I dont need the boost.

If you need booster fans, you have a ductwork problem. If you only need the
additional cooling during the summer, won't a window shaker work?

If you DO put in the booster fans, you are guaranteed to have airflow
problems when the fans stop working....

I can easily put in a new fan. So long as they sell one that fits.
Install is not too tough. The cool air does get into the room. This
room does not seem to keep the temperature though. Too many big
windows. I could probably buy better windows. The fan has been mounted
for like a year now, but i havent found the stinkin relay. So it could
be restricting my air even now.

Whats a window shaker?

As for my computer room, I mounted an exhaust fan in the window. It
does ok, but its quite noisy. Plus if I close the door it will start
sucking air in through the return as well.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
HeatMan

HeatMan wrote:
[...]

Oh, they are restircting airflow, guaranteed...

Whats a window shaker?

Another name for a window unit Air Conditioner .

As for my computer room, I mounted an exhaust fan in the window. It
does ok, but its quite noisy. Plus if I close the door it will start
sucking air in through the return as well.

It's pulling air from anywhere, including the return...