Bonnie Jean

Default building lamp

I want an 18-24 inch gooseneck clip/clamp-on lamp that will accommodate up
to a 55watt compact fluorescent bulb. (task light for knitting as I posted
in another thread 'daylight bulb')

Is this something a novice can do without making something dangerous? I
don't want to screw it up and burn my house down from an electrical fire.

TIA, Bonnie in NJ

John_B

Bonnie Jean wrote:
I want an 18-24 inch gooseneck clip/clamp-on lamp that will accommodate up
to a 55watt compact fluorescent bulb. (task light for knitting as I posted
in another thread 'daylight bulb')

Is this something a novice can do without making something dangerous? I
don't want to screw it up and burn my house down from an electrical fire.

TIA, Bonnie in NJ

Why bother? Lamps close to what you want are available at
hardware stores for about $10

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...pag eBucket=0
Bonnie Jean

"John_B" wrote in message
Bonnie Jean wrote:
I want an 18-24 inch gooseneck clip/clamp-on lamp that will accommodate
up to a 55watt compact fluorescent bulb. (task light for knitting as I
posted in another thread 'daylight bulb')

Is this something a novice can do without making something dangerous? I
don't want to screw it up and burn my house down from an electrical fire.

TIA, Bonnie in NJ

Why bother? Lamps close to what you want are available at hardware stores
for about $10
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...pag eBucket=0

Not in an 18-24 gooseneck. I need to clamp it on my nightstand and have it
shine down from a bit behind me. Thanks for your response though.

John_B

Bonnie Jean wrote:
"John_B" wrote in message

Bonnie Jean wrote:

I want an 18-24 inch gooseneck clip/clamp-on lamp that will accommodate
up to a 55watt compact fluorescent bulb. (task light for knitting as I
posted in another thread 'daylight bulb')

Is this something a novice can do without making something dangerous? I
don't want to screw it up and burn my house down from an electrical fire.

TIA, Bonnie in NJ

Why bother? Lamps close to what you want are available at hardware stores
for about $10
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...pag eBucket=0

Not in an 18-24 gooseneck. I need to clamp it on my nightstand and have it
shine down from a bit behind me. Thanks for your response though.

OK, how about a floor lamp? I bought one from
http://rewci.com/verhapeylam.html