Carl Horton

Default Duct Tape Brands

I'm in the urgent need of real sticky duct tape. Due to work hours, I'm
limited to where I can buy, most real hardware stores close up shop @ 6:00
around here. Some years ago when I was in contracting, I bought a roll of
Nashua brand either at a wholesaler or at a lumber/mill shop. Ok, I'm
limited to the two main box stores, which I prefer not to even shop there,
or Sears hardware.

Before I make the trip to Sears tonight, maybe someone recommend otherwise
or duct tape Sears sells.

Thanks

Side note, this isn't for fixing ducts. But, believe it or not, my doctor
told me to try it on planters warts b/4 going to the dermatologist. Hey, it
works, what can I say.

Joseph Meehan

Carl Horton wrote:
I'm in the urgent need of real sticky duct tape. Due to work hours,
I'm limited to where I can buy, most real hardware stores close up
shop @ 6:00 around here. Some years ago when I was in contracting, I
bought a roll of Nashua brand either at a wholesaler or at a
lumber/mill shop. Ok, I'm limited to the two main box stores, which
I prefer not to even shop there, or Sears hardware.

Before I make the trip to Sears tonight, maybe someone recommend
otherwise or duct tape Sears sells.

Thanks

Side note, this isn't for fixing ducts. But, believe it or not, my
doctor told me to try it on planters warts b/4 going to the
dermatologist. Hey, it works, what can I say.

I am glad you said why you wanted it. I was going to suggest gaffer's
tape which is a very strong version of duct tape originally used in the
movie industry. As I understand it the use on warts works and it may be in
part due to the chemistry of the adhesive which is not the same on the
gaffer's tape.

Sorry I don't have any specific recommendations as all the "duct" tapes
seem about the same to me.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I have seen significant changes in the relative stickiness of duct tape
within the same brand, so it is not easy to recommend a brand.
Temperature, however, makes a huge difference on how sticky the duct
tape is. If it is not sticky enough heat it up with the hair dryer.

Roger Taylor

"Carl Horton" wrote in message
I'm in the urgent need of real sticky duct tape. Due to work hours, I'm
limited to where I can buy, most real hardware stores close up shop @ 6:00
around here. Some years ago when I was in contracting, I bought a roll of
Nashua brand either at a wholesaler or at a lumber/mill shop. Ok, I'm
limited to the two main box stores, which I prefer not to even shop there,
or Sears hardware.

The most expensive stuff at home depot works well, and is stronger and
stickier than the cheapo brands. I believe it was called Nashua contractor
grade.

Susan \(CobbersMom\)

"Carl Horton" wrote in message I'm in the urgent need of real sticky
duct tape. Side note, this isn't for fixing ducts. But, believe it or
not, my doctor told me to try it on planters warts b/4 going to the
dermatologist.

Been there, done that. It works! I just used any old brand. I cut a small
piece for the wart then ringed it with another piece or used a bandaid. No
matter what, it won't stay on so additional covering helps.
Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650 (old reliable)
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 (new friend)

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss

Stormin Mormon

The stuff they sell for wart removal is salicilate based. One option is to
crush up a cheap asprin with a little water, and make a paste. Use the paste
and a bandaid over the wart.

Did you check at the pharmacy to see if they have wart killer stuff?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Carl Horton" wrote in message

Side note, this isn't for fixing ducts. But, believe it or not, my doctor
told me to try it on planters warts b/4 going to the dermatologist. Hey, it
works, what can I say.

jeffc

"Carl Horton" wrote in message

Side note, this isn't for fixing ducts. But, believe it or not, my doctor
told me to try it on planters warts b/4 going to the dermatologist. Hey,
it
works, what can I say.

Wouldn't wart medicine be worth a try before going to the dermatologist? It
can't cost much more than duct tape.

Carl Horton

I ended up getting Duck brand at Sears, though I dislike shopping at HD,
think I will make the trip there as suggested by one poster to search for
Nashua brand.

Wart medicine, UGH. I've had no luck with that stuff, tried Compound W and
something else. Makes a mess out of the bottom of your foot.

The duct tape took about 1-1/2 weeks and really showed a huge improvement.
When my doctor mentioned it, I thought "oh no", what kind of quack did she
become. She was right on the money though.

Edwin Pawlowski

"jeffc" wrote in message

Wouldn't wart medicine be worth a try before going to the dermatologist?
It can't cost much more than duct tape.

But if the duct tape works . . . .

Warts are strange things that appear and disappear for unknown reasons. As
a kid, my doctor gave me some medication that worked. He also told one
young patient to draw an outline of this hand with the warts. Mark the
warts on the paper, then burn the paper in the back yard and bury the ashes.
Doctor said they would be gone in a week after. That worked also. Even
cheaper than duct tape.

Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"jeffc" wrote in message

Wouldn't wart medicine be worth a try before going to the dermatologist?
It can't cost much more than duct tape.

But if the duct tape works . . . .

Warts are strange things that appear and disappear for unknown reasons. ...

Warts are viruses...

Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"jeffc" wrote in message

Wouldn't wart medicine be worth a try before going to the dermatologist?
It can't cost much more than duct tape.

But if the duct tape works . . . .

Warts are strange things that appear and disappear for unknown reasons. ...

Warts are caused by viruses....
Luke

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:39:08 GMT, "Carl Horton"
wrote:

I ended up getting Duck brand at Sears, though I dislike shopping at HD,
think I will make the trip there as suggested by one poster to search for
Nashua brand.

Wart medicine, UGH. I've had no luck with that stuff, tried Compound W and
something else. Makes a mess out of the bottom of your foot.

The duct tape took about 1-1/2 weeks and really showed a huge improvement.
When my doctor mentioned it, I thought "oh no", what kind of quack did she
become. She was right on the money though.

You might try "Scotch Transparent Duct Tape". I got it at my local
Despot. It's quite sticky, though pricey. I don't know if transparent
will work, or if it has the right kind of adhesive for wart removal
;-).

A google search shows duct tape is a common treatment. I'll try it
next time, though I've had luck with Wal-Mart's wart remover ... so
far :-).

BTW, they're not "planter's warts", but "plantar warts":
"plantar...adj. Of, relating to, or occuring on the sole of the foot:
plantar warts. [Latin plantaris, from planta, sole of the foot....]"
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language.

--
Luke
"The culture of recovery is insidious: now the moral measure of a
clifto

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"jeffc" wrote in message

Wouldn't wart medicine be worth a try before going to the dermatologist?
It can't cost much more than duct tape.

But if the duct tape works . . . .

Warts are strange things that appear and disappear for unknown reasons. ...

Warts are caused by viruses....

Yeah, but warts can be removed by hypnosis. Seriously.