Brett Miller

Default Req suggestions to keep door from closing.

Besides the obvious use of a door stop, is there a way to keep
a door from closing when it is left in the open position?
I had heard a playing card under the bottom hinge would work,
but it didn't.
Perhaps I tried the wrong card, dunno.
But if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Tony Hwang

Brett Miller wrote:
Besides the obvious use of a door stop, is there a way to keep
a door from closing when it is left in the open position?
I had heard a playing card under the bottom hinge would work,
but it didn't.
Perhaps I tried the wrong card, dunno.
But if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Hi,
Maybe door frame is not plumb? Or bend the hinge pin little bit to
create little friction.
Tony