Norm Dion

Default Shower stall wall faucets

My 40-year old tiled shower stall has two faucets that protrude horizontally
from the wall; the usual hot/cold system.
Is there any way of _easily_ retrofitting this arrangement into a
single-faucet or rotary style of valve?
I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer.
TIA

On 3-Jul-2005, Speedy Jim wrote:

Norm Dion wrote:
My 40-year old tiled shower stall has two faucets that protrude
horizontally
from the wall; the usual hot/cold system.
Is there any way of _easily_ retrofitting this arrangement into a
single-faucet or rotary style of valve?
I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer.
TIA

"any way of _easily_ retrofitting"

NO.

sure there is.

call a plumber.

ml
Jim Yanik

"Norm Dion" wrote in
:

My 40-year old tiled shower stall has two faucets that protrude
horizontally from the wall; the usual hot/cold system.
Is there any way of _easily_ retrofitting this arrangement into a
single-faucet or rotary style of valve?
I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer.
TIA

Well,you answered your own question;
"I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer."

Those are the major skills you need to do the job.along with tiling and
grouting.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Rick

"Norm Dion" wrote in message
My 40-year old tiled shower stall has two faucets that protrude

horizontally
from the wall; the usual hot/cold system.
Is there any way of _easily_ retrofitting this arrangement into a
single-faucet or rotary style of valve?
I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or

solderer.
TIA

Somebody used to make a kit especially for that purpose. It had a
stainless or chrome plated escutcheon to cover the 2 handle holes.
Don't know if Lowes or Home Depot still carry them...

Edwin Pawlowski

"Norm Dion" wrote in message
My 40-year old tiled shower stall has two faucets that protrude
horizontally from the wall; the usual hot/cold system.
Is there any way of _easily_ retrofitting this arrangement into a
single-faucet or rotary style of valve?
I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer.
TIA

Step one is to learn how to solder. the rest if fairly simple. Most new
faucets can be had with a large disk that will cover the double holes you
now have. You may have to increase or make a center hole for the new setup.
The possibility is very high that you will have to cut and solder some
tubing in the back of the faucets.