JA

Default Decks--Anyone used Trex Brasilia?

We want to replace the old decking on our deck with
a composite decking. I never liked Trex but saw their
new line, Brasilia, today and think it looks like something
I wouldn't mind living with. Has anyone used it? If so,
would you use it again? Did you have any problems
with installation?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

I only looked at the Brasilia because of your post, and it looks nice. I
put on a fairly large (400 sq ft) Trex deck about five years ago, and it has
behaved very much as advertised. We've left it to its natural gray and have
not had a single problem. It's basically maintenance by garden hose, except
on the shady side,where it picks up mildew, but that's easily removed. If
the company says the Brasilia product will hold its color, then it looks
very nice to me. Trex is a little flexy to work with, but you get used to
that soon enough.

"JA" wrote in message
We want to replace the old decking on our deck with
a composite decking. I never liked Trex but saw their
new line, Brasilia, today and think it looks like something
I wouldn't mind living with. Has anyone used it? If so,
would you use it again? Did you have any problems
with installation?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Banty

In article et, k says...

I only looked at the Brasilia because of your post, and it looks nice. I
put on a fairly large (400 sq ft) Trex deck about five years ago, and it has
behaved very much as advertised. We've left it to its natural gray and have
not had a single problem. It's basically maintenance by garden hose, except
on the shady side,where it picks up mildew, but that's easily removed. If
the company says the Brasilia product will hold its color, then it looks
very nice to me. Trex is a little flexy to work with, but you get used to
that soon enough.

How do you remove the mildew from the Trex? (bleach, TSP?)

Banty

I use water with about 1/8 vol of bleach, a few tbsp of tsp and some laundry
detergent (keeps the liquid from beading up on the deck). I leave it for a
few minutes, then sweep with an old broom before hosing off. It's pretty
painless. I have one little corner where the mildew builds up. It gets
thick enough that I can get most of it with a paint scraper, then do as
above.

"Banty" wrote in message
In article et, k
says...

I only looked at the Brasilia because of your post, and it looks nice. I
put on a fairly large (400 sq ft) Trex deck about five years ago, and it
has
behaved very much as advertised. We've left it to its natural gray and
have
not had a single problem. It's basically maintenance by garden hose,
except
on the shady side,where it picks up mildew, but that's easily removed. If
the company says the Brasilia product will hold its color, then it looks
very nice to me. Trex is a little flexy to work with, but you get used to
that soon enough.

How do you remove the mildew from the Trex? (bleach, TSP?)

Banty

Mildew or mold on Trex Ron in NY Home Repair 2 May 29th 05 12:05 AM
Deck advice needed: Should I use Trex? Dave K. Home Repair 13 February 24th 04 09:41 PM
Composite decking: Trex or WeatherBest? Dave K. Home Repair 3 February 18th 04 03:12 AM
trex decking steve Home Repair 1 November 14th 03 02:07 AM
using trex as decking in treehouse? Jonathan Epstein Woodworking 12 October 7th 03 05:26 PM