Nehmo Sergheyev

Default Foam Insulation Equip. Recommendations?

Does anybody have a recommendation on where to get equipment to do foam
insulation? Polyisocyanurate would probably be best, but I'm open to
other foams. I would use it to retrofit older houses that currently just
have nothing but cavities in the exterior walls. Ideally, I'd like a
setup sized for a small contractor.

I'm in Kansas City, and it would be nice to have a supplier here, but I
expect the company would be outside of this area.

--
|||||||||||||||| Nehmo Sergheyev ||||||||||||||||

Art Yokell

Sir,

what type of insulating are you going to day? If you are going to spray then
the best eguipment is Gussmer. They have made this equipment for many years.
There are others but this is the simplest and easiest ot use.
Polyisocyanurate is by all means the correct choice. It it not an easy
bussines and great care for health of workers or clients help can be
important
"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message
Does anybody have a recommendation on where to get equipment to do foam
insulation? Polyisocyanurate would probably be best, but I'm open to
other foams. I would use it to retrofit older houses that currently just
have nothing but cavities in the exterior walls. Ideally, I'd like a
setup sized for a small contractor.

I'm in Kansas City, and it would be nice to have a supplier here, but I
expect the company would be outside of this area.

--
|||||||||||||||| Nehmo Sergheyev ||||||||||||||||

Nehmo Sergheyev

- Art Yokell -
what type of insulating are you going to day? If you are going to

spray then
the best eguipment is Gussmer. They have made this equipment for many

years.
There are others but this is the simplest and easiest ot use.
Polyisocyanurate is by all means the correct choice. It it not an easy
bussines and great care for health of workers or clients help can be
important

- Nehmo -
Thanks. Gusmer (with only one “s”), and apparently it’s associated with
Greco as they call themselves “Greco Gusmer”. The setup they have
portrayed here is very cool:
http://www.gusmer.com/products/mobilerigs.html
They might want more than I can afford, though.

It doesn't disturb me because I've never had an easy business, but I'd
like you to elaborate: why do you say it is not an easy business?

--
|||||||||||||||| Nehmo Sergheyev ||||||||||||||||

Art Yokell

Snip
"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message
- Art Yokell -
Thanks. Gusmer (with only one “s”), and apparently it’s associated with
Greco as they call themselves “Greco Gusmer”. The setup they have
portrayed here is very cool:
http://www.gusmer.com/products/mobilerigs.html
They might want more than I can afford, though.

It doesn't disturb me because I've never had an easy business, but I'd
like you to elaborate: why do you say it is not an easy business?

--
|||||||||||||||| Nehmo Sergheyev ||||||||||||||||

The two components "A" (the Isocyanate) and "B" the (Polyol) are mixed in
proper proportions in the spray gun. the "A" component on its own is
material that should not be breathed in at all. It also crystalyzes on
contact with moisture from the air. If your equipment is not cared for
properly you can have clogged nozzles and seized pumps. Connections are a
royal pain to undo and redo. A true fresh air breathing apparatus must be
used by the operator and no persons should be permitted in the area while
the work is being done or until the areas are completely clear of any fumes.
The "A" component should be kept under a blanket of dry nitrogen to prevent
moist air from coming in contact with it. If this is not done you will have
consant problems with strainers becoming clogged and pumps that don't work
properly.

I was in the Urethane industry for many years and chose not to be involved
with the spray application other than ffor material supply. I sold and
installed in plant machinery for filling cavities and for molding of
decorative furniture components and ome Architectural items.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck. Please read every
thing you can get your hands on about personal safety should you decide to
do this. Do not get the "A" component on your hands if you can avoid it. It
will turn your skin black and take weeks to get rid of. If I can help with
any specific info regarding the uses you are planning please feel free to
ask.

Richard

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
Does anybody have a recommendation on where to get equipment to do foam
insulation? Polyisocyanurate would probably be best, but I'm open to
other foams. I would use it to retrofit older houses that currently just
have nothing but cavities in the exterior walls. Ideally, I'd like a
setup sized for a small contractor.

I'm in Kansas City, and it would be nice to have a supplier here, but I
expect the company would be outside of this area.

Just curious, Nehmo, but what do you plan to tell the home
owners/buyers when they complain about the highly unpleasant monomer
that off gasses from these walls for the next year or so?

Will by be finalcially responsible for their health problems and
possibly environmental clean up of the houses?
Richard

Philip Lewis

The only place i know if is fomofoam.com, I have no experience with
them however, so this isn't a "recomendation" so much as a source.

They have a slow rise formula that is appropriate for the retrofit you
mention.

--
be safe.
flip

Nehmo Sergheyev

- Richard -
Just curious, Nehmo, but what do you plan to tell the home
owners/buyers when they complain about the highly unpleasant monomer
that off gasses from these walls for the next year or so?

- Nehmo –
What gas from which foam are you talking about?

- Richard –
Will by be finalcially responsible for their health problems and
possibly environmental clean up of the houses?

- Nehmo –
Unless someone has some unusual allergy, I don’t imagine there would be
any health problems for someone dwelling in the structure. I was
considering polyisocyanurate, and I’m not aware of any health problems
associated with that polymer. If you have some information or a
reference, please contribute; I’ll look at it.

However, I do recognize that during the product application, there is
significant chemical danger to the workers. I would take the standard
precautions.

--