Robert11

Default Removing Paint On Concrete: Three Possible Remover Brands - Opinions On, Please ?

Hello:

Have some very old paint on my concrete foundation that I would
like to remove. Not sure if oil or latex.

Peel A way was recommended.

I also see that there are other, possibly similar, products such as:

Ready-Strip

and, Nitromors Superstrip

Anyone have any thoughts on these three ?

Very concerned about leaving a stain behind on the concrete after using from
the product itself.
Which would be least likely to ?

Thanks,
Bob

SQLit

"Robert11" wrote in message
news
Hello:

Have some very old paint on my concrete foundation that I would
like to remove. Not sure if oil or latex.

Peel A way was recommended.

I also see that there are other, possibly similar, products such as:

Ready-Strip

and, Nitromors Superstrip

Anyone have any thoughts on these three ?

Very concerned about leaving a stain behind on the concrete after using

from
the product itself.
Which would be least likely to ?

Thanks,
Bob

I would try a pressure washer first.

If the pressure washer removes the stain you will still be able to see it
for some time. Concrete under the paint will not be as dark due to the sun.

Baron

Peel Away might do the trick if you get the caustic based material. You
do not want to dissolve the paint and carry it further into the concrete.
The product might lighten the concrete since it is caustic. Try it out in
an inconspicuous place first.
As already suggested, the best idea is a pressure washer.

Good Luck.

"Robert11" wrote in message
news
Hello:

Have some very old paint on my concrete foundation that I would
like to remove. Not sure if oil or latex.

Peel A way was recommended.

I also see that there are other, possibly similar, products such as:

Ready-Strip

and, Nitromors Superstrip

Anyone have any thoughts on these three ?

Very concerned about leaving a stain behind on the concrete after using

from
the product itself.
Which would be least likely to ?

Thanks,
Bob

Norminn

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Have some very old paint on my concrete foundation that I would
like to remove. Not sure if oil or latex.

Peel A way was recommended.

I also see that there are other, possibly similar, products such as:

Ready-Strip

and, Nitromors Superstrip

Anyone have any thoughts on these three ?

Very concerned about leaving a stain behind on the concrete after using from
the product itself.
Which would be least likely to ?

Thanks,
Bob

In my experience, paint doesn't come off concrete. We tried two kinds
of strippers - water and solvent - with almost no effect.
Some of the paint was old spills which had been wiped in. Only paint
that loosened was a few drips that had dried before sinking in.
Pressure washed same concrete in prep for sealing, and the paint didn't
budge then, either. On another area, a neighbor spilled wood stain and
left dark brown blotches. I used acryllic craft paint to "faux paint"
and disguise it, which worked very well.

Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Looking for retailer in Toronto selling 2-part epoxy concrete floor paint Rob Home Repair 7 June 5th 05 08:55 PM
Removing Paint Leo Home Repair 1 September 15th 04 01:20 AM
exterior paint adhering or not? Gary C Home Repair 3 November 2nd 03 10:57 AM
Removing glued down vinyl flooring from concrete? Chris Wilson UK diy 2 July 10th 03 11:01 AM