Default Wrinkled tarpaper

I am putting asphalt shingles on a porch roof. I got the roof covered
with #30 tar
paper, but now it is going to rain for a few days, so I'll have to wait
till things dry
out before proceeding. But I have noticed that the tar paper has
started to wave
and wrinkle somewhat after the rain. Will it still be ok to put
shingles over top
if it is wrinkled? Thks,

--
Jeff

Godfrey

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am putting asphalt shingles on a porch roof. I got the roof covered
with #30 tar
paper, but now it is going to rain for a few days, so I'll have to wait
till things dry
out before proceeding. But I have noticed that the tar paper has
started to wave
and wrinkle somewhat after the rain. Will it still be ok to put
shingles over top
if it is wrinkled? Thks,

--
Jeff

After the sun hits it, most of the wrinkles will disappear. The edges may
curl a bit, but weight of shingles will hold them down. Just don't cover
obvious potential trouble spots, you'll be fine.

Pop

"Godfrey" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am putting asphalt shingles on a porch roof. I
got the roof covered
with #30 tar
paper, but now it is going to rain for a few days,
so I'll have to wait
till things dry
out before proceeding. But I have noticed that the
tar paper has
started to wave
and wrinkle somewhat after the rain. Will it still
be ok to put
shingles over top
if it is wrinkled? Thks,

--
Jeff

After the sun hits it, most of the wrinkles will
disappear. The edges may
curl a bit, but weight of shingles will hold them
down. Just don't cover
obvious potential trouble spots, you'll be fine.

True: Watch out for any "folds" occurring - the paper
will break apart if it's folded when it's pressed down.
But you shouldn't have much of a problem once the water
dries out.

HTH

Pop