Chambers

Default Ridge vent & sophit water leaks in Florida

Hi,

I have an older relative that has ridge vents and expanded metal sophits on
their house in Florida. The problem is, during Hurricane force storms, rain
blows "sideways" into the vent structures. I would like to hear from anyone
that has found good solutions to this problem.

Thank you

Nick Plume

"Chambers" wrote
Hi,

I have an older relative that has ridge vents and expanded metal sophits

on
their house in Florida. The problem is, during Hurricane force storms,

rain
blows "sideways" into the vent structures. I would like to hear from

anyone
that has found good solutions to this problem.

Thank you

I believe in Florida, all ridge vent material must meet Dade County
(stringent) requirements . Sounds like a bad installation, which may
include the ridge being cut to wide, felt paper not properly bent back at
top, improper sealant bead, or material not approved for the elements.

Ridge Vent Installation Question (existing structure) Squanklin Home Repair 5 February 20th 05 08:49 PM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM