Amamba

Default Garage door price - sounds right ?

Our garage door decided it was time to fall apart, so I obtained an
estimate from a local Wayne Dalton dealer. 16' x 7' door opening, 9100
series insulated steel door (no lights) with torquemaster tension
spring unit, new rails, re-installing my existing door opener in a new
hardware, disposal of old door, $840. Does this sound like a fair price
? We live in Midwest (Detroit area). I can't close the garage, so I
don't have much time to shop around. Any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks !

Edwin Pawlowski

"Amamba" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our garage door decided it was time to fall apart, so I obtained an
estimate from a local Wayne Dalton dealer. 16' x 7' door opening, 9100
series insulated steel door (no lights) with torquemaster tension
spring unit, new rails, re-installing my existing door opener in a new
hardware, disposal of old door, $840. Does this sound like a fair price
? We live in Midwest (Detroit area). I can't close the garage, so I
don't have much time to shop around. Any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

Yes. I paid $600 for a 10' door of similar specs by Overhead Door

DJ

On 24 Jun 2005 14:10:36 -0700, "Amamba" wrote:

Our garage door decided it was time to fall apart, so I obtained an
estimate from a local Wayne Dalton dealer. 16' x 7' door opening, 9100
series insulated steel door (no lights) with torquemaster tension
spring unit, new rails, re-installing my existing door opener in a new
hardware, disposal of old door, $840. Does this sound like a fair price
? We live in Midwest (Detroit area). I can't close the garage, so I
don't have much time to shop around. Any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

Just over a year ago I had the same door installed, same details
including removal of 28 yr old 10,000 lb., wood raised panel door.
Well, it sure seemed like it weighed that much when it self
destructed...

Boise, Idaho (cost of living might be less here than Detroit area)

$700 inclusive

Thanks !

DJ
Rudy

Our garage door decided it was time to fall apart, so I obtained an
estimate from a local Wayne Dalton dealer. 16' x 7' door opening, 9100
series insulated steel door (no lights) with torquemaster tension
spring unit, new rails, re-installing my existing door opener in a new
hardware, disposal of old door, $840.

Check with Lowes and Home Depot and see what they re charging. Sounds about
right but I d think you' d get a new opener for that price

Art

Sounds right but I would also consider one of their I-Drive openers. They
are cool. Check out their website. They install right above the door.

Wayne Dalton is top notch. We had a gear go on a 8 year old WD opener
(pre-I-Drive) and they fixed it for their regular service charge. 6 months
later coincidentally the spring went on the door. They charged me $50 for
the spring but zero for labor because they had been out there for the
unrelated repair with in the previous year.

"Amamba" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our garage door decided it was time to fall apart, so I obtained an
estimate from a local Wayne Dalton dealer. 16' x 7' door opening, 9100
series insulated steel door (no lights) with torquemaster tension
spring unit, new rails, re-installing my existing door opener in a new
hardware, disposal of old door, $840. Does this sound like a fair price
? We live in Midwest (Detroit area). I can't close the garage, so I
don't have much time to shop around. Any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks !

Amamba

Thanks, my opener is just a year old.