Default pleat spacer problems for aprilaire model 2200

I'm at my wits end with the pleat spacers for the apirlaire model 2200
air filter installed on my furnace/AC system.

It's now 98 degrees outside here in the Chicago area and I have no AC
because the pleat spacers on the filter keep falling off and
subsequently the filter media gets sucked into the intake/blower fan
and getting chewed up.

I tried what the previous homeowner had apparently done, which was to
tape the pleat spacers to the outer seal box with duct tape, but that
only lasts so long with the dust and air flow strength conditions.
Eventually, the pleat spacers fall out again. If the media doesn't get
chewed up in the fan, its just hanging there, making it almost
impossible to lift the seal box out of the chamber.

Should they be snapping firmly into the slots of the outer seal box or
are they just supposed to rest in their slots loosely like they are
now? What do I replace if not--just the pleat spacers or the whole
kit?!

Thanks for your time.

HeatMan

If you can find a contractor that knows about it, the replacement spacers
for SG's have a lifetime warranty.

Did you ever think of putting a standard 1" pleated filter in the housing
until you can get new spacers?

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

m Ransley

I have one, your spacers are broke, the previous owner broke them. You
are Chgo area, Email me where, I have an extra set. Or as Heat Man said
tape in a temporary filter. The 2200 I do not like the track does not
seal, a poor design as dust passes over the top of the slide in filter
holder.

Stretch

They are supposed to snap into place. You must need new spacers, they
are available through your contractor.

Stretch

Thanks! Unfortunately the part that is most broken is the outer plastic
holder for the filter. I confirmed this with a technician in person.
This pre-assembled filter tries to snap into the same groove as the
pleat spacers, but the outer holder has weakened over time and bowed so
as to not tightly hold anything that snaps to it.

The technician I talked to has ordered a replacement filter that is
self-contained. You take it out of the box and drop it into the
chamber. Done. If you happen to know where I can find those online so
as to compare the price I'm getting from this guy vs. what I can get
direct, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!

31" GE TV problems! Model # 31gt 657 JonathanF Electronics 0 January 18th 05 10:53 PM
sony tv problems Model KV-32XBR55 skype Electronics Repair 8 January 14th 05 05:13 PM
Possible problems with Sony VCR (model slvn750) Jerry G. Electronics Repair 8 December 31st 04 07:19 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
RCA Model P61830BL (Chassis PTK 195 BT) Proj. TV standby power problems. David Electronics Repair 0 August 8th 03 04:12 AM