Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Buying a house from smokers

We just bought a nice home that was lived in by heavy somkers.

We'd like to try our best to remove the smoke smell.

So far we've arranged to have the carpets steam cleaned and
de-odorized.

We're going to wash the walls and floors and cabinets. Any tips?

The ceilings are textured (1970's sharp and pointy) any tips on
cleaning the ceiling?

Next we're going to paint. Any tips on the primer? Killz? I heard
adding vanilla to the paint helps too.

Thanks fellow DIYers.

JaKe
Seattle