Loafer

Default Aquastat Relay?

I am having a problem with my furnace it is a forced hot water system
using old cast iron radiators. The burner will turn on when the
thermostats call for it but the circulators will not turn on. If I tap
on the aquastat relay (Honeywell L8148A0) a few times they will start
for awhile usually until the burner lights again then the circulators
will shut down again. Is there anything I can do short of calling a
burner tech. It the relay repairable? What will it cost to have
installed?

Thanks
Scott

RBM

Scott, your not giving enough info. To be using that relay, your boiler must
be wired for cold start, which means the thermostats start the boiler
rather than an aquastat. This control acts as a high limit and can be wired
several ways depending on what equipment is on the boiler. You have more
than one thermostat, so you should have additional relays on or around the
boiler. Does the boiler make domestic hot water as well or is there a
separate water heater? Under the circumstances, I think you'd be wise to
call a heating tech
"Loafer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having a problem with my furnace it is a forced hot water system
using old cast iron radiators. The burner will turn on when the
thermostats call for it but the circulators will not turn on. If I tap
on the aquastat relay (Honeywell L8148A0) a few times they will start
for awhile usually until the burner lights again then the circulators
will shut down again. Is there anything I can do short of calling a
burner tech. It the relay repairable? What will it cost to have
installed?

Thanks
Scott

Mikepier

Is this the aquastat you have? This was the closest thing I found.

http://customer.honeywell.com/Techli...0s/60-2278.pdf

It sounds as if the switching relay might be dirty or have corrosion on
the contacts. you can try cleaning it, but shut the power first when
you do.

Potential Relay for phase converter gradstdnt Metalworking 12 April 26th 19 01:18 PM
function of multisync relay Choreboy Electronics Repair 5 June 21st 05 07:25 PM
Honeywell aquastat Al Home Ownership 1 February 7th 05 09:42 PM
Simple circuit to hold relay on after input falls John Electronics 11 November 1st 03 02:44 PM
Which Relay can I use KDawg Electronics 4 August 23rd 03 06:34 PM