Drew V

Default condensing dyers ?

Does anyone have experience with condensing dryers ? How well do they
work ?

I'm helping a friend plan out the ductwork for a dryer which is going
to be in the back of a brick building and we're wondering if it's
better to go this route rather than running the duct across the room
and cutting a hole in the brick wall.

Joseph Meehan

Drew V wrote:
Does anyone have experience with condensing dryers ? How well do they
work ?

I'm helping a friend plan out the ductwork for a dryer which is going
to be in the back of a brick building and we're wondering if it's
better to go this route rather than running the duct across the room
and cutting a hole in the brick wall.

Go with the real vent. If condensing was a great, why don't we see more
applications?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

SQLit

"Drew V" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have experience with condensing dryers ? How well do they
work ?

I'm helping a friend plan out the ductwork for a dryer which is going
to be in the back of a brick building and we're wondering if it's
better to go this route rather than running the duct across the room
and cutting a hole in the brick wall.

Check with the manufacture for how far the dryer can push the air. My last
home had 6 inch pipe going 20 odd feet vertically. Dryer said it was at the
max it could do.

Joseph Meehan

SQLit wrote:
"Drew V" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have experience with condensing dryers ? How well do
they work ?

I'm helping a friend plan out the ductwork for a dryer which is going
to be in the back of a brick building and we're wondering if it's
better to go this route rather than running the duct across the room
and cutting a hole in the brick wall.

Check with the manufacture for how far the dryer can push the air. My
last home had 6 inch pipe going 20 odd feet vertically. Dryer said it
was at the max it could do.

If you hit the max there are booster fans available.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

William Brown

They are fairly common in parts of Europe. We stayed in a couple of
apartments that had them. They do take longer than the dryers we are
used to, but at the same time you don't have to be there when the wash
cycle ends to put the clothes into the dryer. We just started the
wash/dry cycle when we went to bed, or when we left the apartment in the
morning, and everything was done when we got up, or got back to the
apartment. They also had a smaller load capacity than we are used to,
but I think some they are now selling in the US have a larger capacity.

I liked them because they take up less space, and less of your time, and
because I think there are advantages to a front-loading washer. My wife
didn't like them, but never said why (I'd guess it was because she
wasn't used to them).

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Central Heating Design - Help Please TheScullster UK diy 12 October 26th 04 05:15 PM
Condensing Boiler problems Mika UK diy 36 March 13th 04 07:32 PM
condensing boilers cost lot more than condensing force-air furnaces? R. Kalia Home Repair 12 January 14th 04 12:55 PM
Condensing Combis - Reliable? Worth the extra money? Zapp Brannigan UK diy 3 November 17th 03 07:43 PM