Default multiple subpanels fed by one breaker / feeder

Greetings,

I would like to feed two main lug only subpanels from the same 100A
breaker and the same 2 AGW Al SEU wire. I understand how the subpanel
at the "end of chain" should be terminated but I am unsure of the
"standard" way to attach the center subpanel.

Diagram
=========================
200A Main ---2 awg al--- 100A Sub ---2 awg al--- 100A Sub

Thank you all very much in advance.

William

RBM

Without knowing the proximity of the sub panels to one another, one method
would be to run the feeder into a screw cover box with individual cables out
to each panel. Keep in mind, unless these panels are for 240 volt only (no
neutral) you'll need to use SER (four wire) for single phase 120/240
" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

I would like to feed two main lug only subpanels from the same 100A
breaker and the same 2 AGW Al SEU wire. I understand how the subpanel
at the "end of chain" should be terminated but I am unsure of the
"standard" way to attach the center subpanel.

Diagram
=========================
200A Main ---2 awg al--- 100A Sub ---2 awg al--- 100A Sub

Thank you all very much in advance.

William

Additional Information
===================================
I am sorry -- that was a typo -- I used SER.
The panels are 25' and 50' away from the main panel.

Additional Questions Raised
===================================
I looked at table 314.16(A/B) but was unable to locate the size box I
would need for 10 2AWG wires. How many in^3 does each 2 AWG wire
require? Is there another calculation mechanism I need to use?

RBM

Don't have a code book handy, but I believe you can't fill more than forty
percent. Personally, when it comes to boxes of any type, I like the biggest
I can fit rather than the smallest that's permissible
" wrote in message
oups.com...
Additional Information
===================================
I am sorry -- that was a typo -- I used SER.
The panels are 25' and 50' away from the main panel.

Additional Questions Raised
===================================
I looked at table 314.16(A/B) but was unable to locate the size box I
would need for 10 2AWG wires. How many in^3 does each 2 AWG wire
require? Is there another calculation mechanism I need to use?

John Grabowski

William, Check out article 314.28 (2005 NEC) for additional information on
sizing your junction box. Also check 338.24 for bending requirements of
service entrance cable.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Don't have a code book handy, but I believe you can't fill more than forty
percent. Personally, when it comes to boxes of any type, I like the

biggest
I can fit rather than the smallest that's permissible
" wrote in message
oups.com...
Additional Information