zxcvbob

Greetings,

I would like to feed two main lug only subpanels from the same 100A
breaker and the same 2 AGW Al [SER] wire. I understand how the subpanel
at the "end of chain" should be terminated but I am unsure of the
"standard" way to attach the center subpanel.

Diagram
=========================
200A Main ---2 awg al--- 100A Sub ---2 awg al--- 100A Sub

Thank you all very much in advance.

William

I don't know how it's *supposed* to be done, but I would look for a
center panel with 2 sets of main lugs or an optional feedthru lug kit.

The other way I might try to do it is: Cut the wires at the first box
and terminate normally, but strip an extra inch or 2 of insulation off
the wires, and maybe leave a little extra slack. Then use big aluminum
split bolt connectors (and black goop) to connect the outgoing cable to
the exposed bare conductors of the incoming cable, then wrap with
electrical tape as appropriate. (you won't need to wrap the grounding
wire, obviously)

Best regards,
Bob