Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RobR

Default when did lead paint first come into use?

I've read it was banned in 1978, that levels were higher
prior to 1950, but I can't find any info that discusses
when it was first used. Many of the houses around here
date back to the 1700s and have original windows and
trim. Was lead paint in use in the 1700s? 1800s?
Thanks!