Justin

Default Grease on Pavement Removal

Hi all,
The other day when cleaning the foil from our grill I put down the
foil which was was of greasy oil
from our delicious hamburgers. However some of it dripped on to the
concrete step area. It appears to have stained it (always looks wet
and dark).
I poured boiling water over it but to no avail still there. Are there
any other remedies to remove this unsightly spot.
Other than the obvious smart ass remarks like install new concrete
step or fry bacon on it. TIA. j/k.

Justin
Joseph Meehan

Justin wrote:
Hi all,
The other day when cleaning the foil from our grill I put down the
foil which was was of greasy oil
from our delicious hamburgers. However some of it dripped on to the
concrete step area. It appears to have stained it (always looks wet
and dark).
I poured boiling water over it but to no avail still there. Are there
any other remedies to remove this unsightly spot.
Other than the obvious smart ass remarks like install new concrete
step or fry bacon on it. TIA. j/k.

Justin

Good old TSP was great, but not available in most areas today. You can
get special concrete cleaning materials. A power washer may work. Good old
dish detergent might even do it,

One favorite of mine is kitty litter and naphtha. Pour a little naphtha
on it to get it wet, add kitty litter to absorb it. Add more naphtha and
keep it wet for a while, then more kitty litter to absorb it until dry.
That usually gets most of it. Concrete is porous so it may be difficult to
get out.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Tom

First thing to try is Tide laundry powder (with bleach). Soak the concrete,
sprinkle the tide on it, let sit for a few minutes, scrub vigorously with a
brush, rinse.
Repeat if necessary.

If that does not work, try powdered dish washer detergent. It has (or used
to have)
a some TSP in it. Use gloves.

-- Tom

"Justin" wrote in message
Hi all,
The other day when cleaning the foil from our grill I put down the
foil which was was of greasy oil
from our delicious hamburgers. However some of it dripped on to the
concrete step area. It appears to have stained it (always looks wet
and dark).
I poured boiling water over it but to no avail still there. Are there
any other remedies to remove this unsightly spot.
Other than the obvious smart ass remarks like install new concrete
step or fry bacon on it. TIA. j/k.

Justin

Bob S.

Justin wrote:

Hi all,
The other day when cleaning the foil from our grill I put down the
foil which was was of greasy oil
from our delicious hamburgers. However some of it dripped on to the
concrete step area. It appears to have stained it (always looks wet
and dark).
I poured boiling water over it but to no avail still there. Are there
any other remedies to remove this unsightly spot.
Other than the obvious smart ass remarks like install new concrete
step or fry bacon on it. TIA. j/k.

Justin

Try some Gunk hand cleaner. Put a generous blob on the spot, let it
soak in for about an hour, then wash off with a strong stream from a
garden hose. That will get the most of it and sun/rain will finish
getting out the rest.

Bob S.

G Henslee

Justin wrote:
Hi all,
The other day when cleaning the foil from our grill I put down the
foil which was was of greasy oil
from our delicious hamburgers. However some of it dripped on to the
concrete step area. It appears to have stained it (always looks wet
and dark).
I poured boiling water over it but to no avail still there. Are there
any other remedies to remove this unsightly spot.
Other than the obvious smart ass remarks like install new concrete
step or fry bacon on it. TIA. j/k.

Justin

Blue Cheer laundry detergent.

Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Justin wrote:
Hi all,
The other day when cleaning the foil from our grill I put down the
foil which was was of greasy oil
from our delicious hamburgers. However some of it dripped on to the
concrete step area. It appears to have stained it (always looks wet
and dark).
I poured boiling water over it but to no avail still there. Are there
any other remedies to remove this unsightly spot.
Other than the obvious smart ass remarks like install new concrete
step or fry bacon on it. TIA. j/k.

Justin

Pour some paint thinner, varsol, or somethiong similar over the stain.
Scrub it with a wire brush. Then cover it with a lyer of absorbent
material like clay-based cat litter or a commercial oil absorbent
product. Let it sit at least 20 minutes. Sweep it up, repeat if
necessary.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Just spray carb cleaner (its a degreaser)

I use it to remove oil stains etc from my concrete all the time.

Spray, let it set in for a min and wipe. It will evaporate from there.

If its still discolored (after it dries), do it again and that'll be it.

Luke

On Tue, 31 May 2005 20:02:26 -0400, Justin wrote:

Hi all,
The other day when cleaning the foil from our grill I put down the
foil which was was of greasy oil
from our delicious hamburgers. However some of it dripped on to the
concrete step area. It appears to have stained it (always looks wet
and dark).
I poured boiling water over it but to no avail still there. Are there
any other remedies to remove this unsightly spot.
Other than the obvious smart ass remarks like install new concrete
step or fry bacon on it. TIA. j/k.

I use oven cleaner on brick and concrete to remove grease spots from
grilling. Spray, let sit a while, hose off, repeat for stubborn spots.
My Wal-Mart sells a brand that's only 97 cents a can. Not as good as
Easy-Off, but good enough and a lot less expensive.

--
Luke
"You can't bomb a people just in case." "You can't organize a war on
Justin

wow, thanks for all the speedy and incitive replies. I will try them
and see what works best and post it. Not a huge mess in terms of area
but enough
for me to be bothered by it. Once again thanks all, this group comes
through as always.

Justin