Rami

Default "Melting" solidified caustic soda in toilet

I put some caustic soda crystals in my chronically blocked toilet and
despite putting hot water before hand, it seems to have solidified in
the bottom of the toilet bowl. Can anyone tell me how to "Melt" this
solidified nightmare? I live in the South of France and all the
plumbers are a disaster here!

AutoTracer

You mean like "Drain-O" Try poking at the mass with a stick while flushing
a few times. Its probably not stuck to the porcelain too hard. Try a
little vinegar, not too much as this is an acid and will react with a
caustic (base) by fizzing and releasing (possibly toxic) gas. Any stronger
acids (some bowl cleaners) might produce too vigorous reaction but would
work also.

You should have started with a pipe snake as many blockages will not
dissolve with drain cleaners. Replacing the toilet is a do-able job if you
are able-bodied and cost less than a plumber.

oups.com...