Default Recommendations for a temporary wall?

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some advice for installation a temporary wall in my
studio condo. I am basically looking to construct a little sleeping
alcove, so the wall I would like to create would only need to be about
waist-high. Maybe a tad higher. It would only have to be a little
longer than a king size mattress. I am also open to the idea of the
temporary wall not being dry-wall. I am simply looking for a
interesting way to create the alcove. It's not a huge endeavors, but I
am very unfamiliar in this arena so any and all help and suggestions
are appreciated. Thank you very much. The perpendicular wall is made
from drywall. The ceiling is concrete and the floors are wooden. Thanks
again!

Gene

Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some advice for installation a temporary wall in my
studio condo. I am basically looking to construct a little sleeping
alcove, so the wall I would like to create would only need to be about
waist-high. Maybe a tad higher. It would only have to be a little
longer than a king size mattress. I am also open to the idea of the
temporary wall not being dry-wall. I am simply looking for a
interesting way to create the alcove. It's not a huge endeavors, but I
am very unfamiliar in this arena so any and all help and suggestions
are appreciated. Thank you very much. The perpendicular wall is made
from drywall. The ceiling is concrete and the floors are wooden. Thanks
again!

Gene

Someone in this group responded to a similar question about a year ago.
Their answer was kinda neat and easy so I remember it.

You can use slab doors hinged so as to create a foldable screen. Buy them a
undrilled blank slabs and when you are done using them for this you can use
them as doors or desk tops. They are sold in sizes from 12" - 36" wide by
80" tall.

Colbyt

The door slab is a neat idea.
Book cases would work too.
I once saw a loft with 6 foot high book case on wheels and hinged to
the wall to form an alcove.
TB

Goedjn

For cheap strong temporary try thick corregated cardboard, like
referigerator boxes.

For temporary, like a day or two, maybe. For anything longer
than that, or for any time in which you have guests, choose
a material that isn't QUITE so eager to go up in flames.

blueman

Goedjn writes:
For cheap strong temporary try thick corregated cardboard, like
referigerator boxes.

For temporary, like a day or two, maybe. For anything longer
than that, or for any time in which you have guests, choose
a material that isn't QUITE so eager to go up in flames.

Or laughter... if you want to live in a cardboard box, you might as
well just move outside and join the ranks of the homeless

Awesome ideas...Thanks everyone!

Tips Needed on Plastering Bodysnatcher UK diy 7 August 10th 04 01:36 PM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
Bad odor coming from expansion joint around interior wall of home John Hughes Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 06:05 PM
Wall falling down? Alex UK diy 8 August 29th 03 10:54 AM
Retaining Wall in front of another Retaining Wall MCL Home Repair 0 July 11th 03 03:48 PM