Max Gulko

Default Heater??

Hi I have next problem.Very often when I take a shower and somebody open
hot or cold water in the kitchen my shower recently changed to cold
water.You guess how can I fill after this and what I can tell to person
who did it ;-)
Is it something wrong with heater?Do I need replace it or adjust properly?
Thanks for advise.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Max Gulko" wrote in message
Hi I have next problem.Very often when I take a shower and somebody open
hot or cold water in the kitchen my shower recently changed to cold
water.You guess how can I fill after this and what I can tell to person
who did it ;-)
Is it something wrong with heater?Do I need replace it or adjust properly?
Thanks for advise.

It is not the heater, but the balance of pressure in the plumbing. Let's
say you are using a 50 - 50 mix of hot and cold to get the shower
temperature right. Someone turns on the water in another sink. The
pressure in the system drops and they are now using some of the hot water
you had so the mix drops to 30 - 70 and you get a chill.

There are temperature sensing shower valves that will eliminate this. I
have an anti-scald valve that will not let the temperature get any hotter if
say, a toilet is flushed with cold water, but will still allow the water to
run colder if the hot is turned on elsewhere.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Joseph Meehan

Max Gulko wrote:
Hi I have next problem.Very often when I take a shower and somebody
open hot or cold water in the kitchen my shower recently changed to
cold water.You guess how can I fill after this and what I can tell to
person who did it ;-)
Is it something wrong with heater?Do I need replace it or adjust
properly? Thanks for advise.

If you are using a standard tank type water heater, it is not the
heater. (Tankless units are different).

Usually it is because you are mixing hot and cold water. When someone
turns on the hot somewhere else, the pressure for the hot goes down and you
get less hot water, but the same amount of cold. The problem is complicated
by old pipes with build up inside restricting flow, pipes too small or an
inadequate supply.

Most newer shower valves have some sort of device to reduce the effect.
Even changing the kitchen faucet to water saving variety may help.

If you have old plumbing, you may want to consider updating it. The old
stuff may well be close to the end of it's useful life and replacing it now
could save you a lot of damage later.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Max Gulko

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Max Gulko wrote:

[...]

Thanks guys for answers.Can you please tell me where is shower valve
located.I'll try to replace it
thanks

Water heater in series to use as storage tank ... good or bad? Fred Home Repair 12 January 29th 05 01:38 PM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Ownership 50 April 2nd 04 04:55 PM
Poor hot water heater performance dperez@juno_nospam.com Home Ownership 3 October 24th 03 03:21 PM