ktech

Default Concrete mess

Had a new driveway installed last Fall. As always happens the contractor is
GONE.Concrete was splashed on the bricks . Tried wire brush ,no good. Anyone
able to help?
Frank

Tony Hwang

ktech wrote:
Had a new driveway installed last Fall. As always happens the contractor is
GONE.Concrete was splashed on the bricks . Tried wire brush ,no good. Anyone
able to help?
Frank

Hi,
Lots of slow work with chiesel?
Tony
Ross Mac

"ktech" wrote in message
Had a new driveway installed last Fall. As always happens the contractor
is
GONE.Concrete was splashed on the bricks . Tried wire brush ,no good.
Anyone
able to help?
Frank

You might try muratic acid (pool supply). Test a spot first and be
careful....good luck...Ross

DL

"ktech" wrote in message
Had a new driveway installed last Fall. As always happens the contractor
is
GONE.Concrete was splashed on the bricks . Tried wire brush ,no good.
Anyone
able to help?
Frank

Frank,

Not sure how bad the concrete was splashed on the brick, but I was able to
use my pressure washer (3600psi) to remove concrete splattered on my brick.
You have to be very careful as the pressure washer at this high a psi, will
actually eat away at the concrete and brick.

If you don't have a pressure washer, I am sure you could rent one. Not sure
if a lower pressure version will do the work, say 2500psi.

Good thing is that it works fairly quickly. I cleaned about 15 square feet
in about 45 minutes.

Hope this helps,

David

nospambob

After using muriatic acid for mortar cleanup on bricks I read that no
contain found is capable of retaining the fumes! Looked in the
cabinet and foud EVERY piece of metal capable of being degraded was
from the fumes. Careful where it's stored.

On Mon, 23 May 2005 03:13:25 -0400, "Ross Mac"
wrote:

"ktech" wrote in message
Had a new driveway installed last Fall. As always happens the contractor
is
GONE.Concrete was splashed on the bricks . Tried wire brush ,no good.
Anyone
able to help?
Frank

You might try muratic acid (pool supply). Test a spot first and be
careful....good luck...Ross

Vic Dura

On Mon, 23 May 2005 02:34:09 GMT, in alt.home.repair Concrete
mess Tony Hwang wrote:

ktech wrote:
Had a new driveway installed last Fall. As always happens the contractor is
GONE.Concrete was splashed on the bricks . Tried wire brush ,no good. Anyone
able to help?
Frank

Hi,
Lots of slow work with chiesel?
Tony

Or perhaps borrow/rent a small (2hp) air compressor and a pneumatic
hand chisel.

Straw Bales as Concrete Void Form for Garage Floor Wpg Man Home Repair 18 June 12th 21 08:25 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM