Jim Talley

Default string trimmer repair

I have a Ryobi gas string trimmer, and I need to fix the recoil starter.
I removed the shaft and now I need to split the housing to get at the
recoil mechanism, but the CLUTCH is holding me up.
How in the world is it removed? It probably is on a threaded shaft,
but the exterior of the clutch spins freely. I need to somehow unscrew
the entire thing, but how?
Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks a bunch.

Jim Talley

there is a srew in the end of the shaft that the clutch drum is on.