Eric and Megan Swope

Default tubing cutter

Hi everyone. I am replacing a 3" piece of copper drain line in my home. Do
they make a tubing cutter big enough to cut 3" copper? The biggest I have
seen cuts 2 1/8" O.D. Worst case, will a hacksaw suffice if I debur the
piece at the end?
Thanks.
Eric

Doug Miller

In article YGmie.2825$BF5.2343@trndny06, "Eric and Megan Swope" wrote:
Hi everyone. I am replacing a 3" piece of copper drain line in my home. Do
they make a tubing cutter big enough to cut 3" copper? The biggest I have
seen cuts 2 1/8" O.D. Worst case, will a hacksaw suffice if I debur the
piece at the end?

Hacksaw and emery cloth works for me.

I'm sure 3" tubing cutters exist... and I'm sure they aren't cheap.

--
Regards,

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy

Cu is very soft. Go rent a pipe cutter (biggest I have is 8" by Ridgid) if
you start to bang around metal drains there is an excellent chance you'll
cause leaks elsewhere.

--

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
"Mark" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:52:56 GMT, "Eric and Megan Swope"
wrote:

Hi everyone. I am replacing a 3" piece of copper drain line in my home.

Do
they make a tubing cutter big enough to cut 3" copper? The biggest I

have
seen cuts 2 1/8" O.D. Worst case, will a hacksaw suffice if I debur the
piece at the end?
Thanks.
Eric

Hacksaw will work fine, but just go easy and let the saw do the work. If
you lean in to it, you may put the pipe out of round. Copper is quite
soft...

Ned Flanders

I have cut tons of copper with sawzall and never caused leaks elsewhere.
(that I know of)
I have never even heard of this happening
I use a very fine toothed blade and of course you dont allow it to shake
everything like crazy.
I would not even try to use a hacksaw thats stupid!
You need to do yourself a favor and not listen to those guys, they are not
plumbers, obviously.

doug do yourself a favor and buy a file, you dont debur pipe with emery
cloth.

You guys are full of ****

"ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy" wrote in
message .. .

wrote:

Hi everyone. I am replacing a 3" piece of copper drain line in my home.

Do
they make a tubing cutter big enough to cut 3" copper? The biggest I

have
seen cuts 2 1/8" O.D. Worst case, will a hacksaw suffice if I debur the
piece at the end?
Thanks.
Eric

Hacksaw will work fine, but just go easy and let the saw do the work. If
you lean in to it, you may put the pipe out of round. Copper is quite
soft...

Doug Miller

In article npvie.9675$KQ6.7353@trndny02, "Ned Flanders" wrote:

doug do yourself a favor and buy a file, you dont debur pipe with emery
cloth.

Maybe if you'd try it once, you wouldn't say that... I've deburred pipe both
ways after cutting with a hacksaw, and found that coarse emery cloth is faster
than a file, and leaves a smoother surface. If a file works better for you,
fine. But don't knock emery cloth until you've tried it a time or two.

--
Regards,

Stormin Mormon

Try www.harborfreight.com for the tubing cutter. itemnumber=5983

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=5983

Cost an entire 16.99, plus shipping and a handling charge.

Hacksaw oughta do it -- how are you reataching it. Sweat solder?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
Hi everyone. I am replacing a 3" piece of copper drain line in my home. Do
they make a tubing cutter big enough to cut 3" copper? The biggest I have
seen cuts 2 1/8" O.D. Worst case, will a hacksaw suffice if I debur the
piece at the end?
Thanks.
Eric

TURTLE

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
You'd be amazed the junk at HF.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=5983

--

Christopher A. Young

This is turtle.

Stormy wait for the sale and i got the #3 set for $9.95 on sale about a year
ago.

TURTLE

Ned Flanders

yeah i have actually made that mistake.
I cut my fingers when i used emery.
my file last longer and it is easier to use.
sawzall with fine blade is easy way to cut.

I dont say someone is wrong unless I know they are
from personal experience.

that cutter is not the right tool you ****ing tool.
jesus sucks.