Tim Zimmer

Default How to tell when filter needs changing.

Our ionizer drinking water filter needs changing once every 8
month or more if the city water is clean. Since our city is pretty
clean I only worry about chlorine. How can I tell if the activated
charcoal filter is still working properly?

Thanks

The Real Tom

On Sun, 15 May 2005 05:34:59 -0700, "Tim Zimmer"
wrote:

Our ionizer drinking water filter needs changing once every 8
month or more if the city water is clean. Since our city is pretty
clean I only worry about chlorine. How can I tell if the activated
charcoal filter is still working properly?

Thanks

Drawing on my experience from filters we used in our power plant. A
filter usually gives signs that it's loosing effective life.
Deionizers will start having increasing levels of ionic impurities in
their effluient, and carbon filter's influent and effluent ratios will
change. All this tested with samples and installed detectors.

Now to really scale this down to a home owner, and what you are asking
for, I would change it when I notice chlorine smell/taste is back.

Simple enough?

later,

tom @ www.ChopURL.com

Joseph Meehan

Tim Zimmer wrote:
Our ionizer drinking water filter needs changing once every 8
month or more if the city water is clean. Since our city is pretty
clean I only worry about chlorine. How can I tell if the activated
charcoal filter is still working properly?

Thanks

Question. Why did you buy the filter?

Really, if you don't sense a problem, why have a filter? If you sense
the problem, then that would be time to change it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Billy

"Tim Zimmer" wrote in message
news:1116159869.def3c9c864daf397232f7c2e7c0c35e8@b ubbanews...
Our ionizer drinking water filter needs changing once every 8
month or more if the city water is clean. Since our city is pretty
clean I only worry about chlorine. How can I tell if the activated
charcoal filter is still working properly?

Thanks

As long as water is flowing through the media, it's working. If the
media has carbon in it, you're going to need to change it at least
every 3-4 weeks, or the impurities the carbon pulled out will start
leeching back into the water.
I never use carbon, and never mess with my filters unless there
is a problem.

billy

TURTLE

"Tim Zimmer" wrote in message
news:1116159869.def3c9c864daf397232f7c2e7c0c35e8@b ubbanews...
Our ionizer drinking water filter needs changing once every 8
month or more if the city water is clean. Since our city is pretty
clean I only worry about chlorine. How can I tell if the activated
charcoal filter is still working properly?

Thanks

This is Turtle.

If your getting plenty of water supply and no taste problem. Run it till you do.

TURTLE

Billy

"Tim Zimmer" wrote in message
news:1116159869.def3c9c864daf397232f7c2e7c0c35e8@b ubbanews...
Our ionizer drinking water filter needs changing once every 8
month or more if the city water is clean. Since our city is pretty
clean I only worry about chlorine. How can I tell if the activated
charcoal filter is still working properly?

You may want to look into getting a TDS (total disolved solids)
meter. It will tell you beyond a doubt when your filters aren't
pulling their weight anymore.

billy

How to tell when filter needs changing. Tim Zimmer Home Ownership 5 May 23rd 05 06:20 AM
sand filter problem. RT Home Repair 0 April 9th 05 02:25 AM
York Furnace Filter (High velocity)? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 January 17th 04 08:20 PM
York Furnace Filter (High velocity)? computer_prog Home Repair 0 January 17th 04 08:16 PM
poor furnace/ac filter fit coloradotrout Home Repair 11 August 28th 03 10:24 PM