Default Is it possible to 'shorten' an acrylic bathtub?

We have an acrylic bathtub that my wife uses every day. At our
previous place we had a 'soaking' tub that my wife loved.

The problem is that the new tub is too long and the back rest is too
steep for her comfort. She is always sliding down as she bathes.

I can think of a few ideas to modify the tub.

1 Find an acrylic manufacturer who could cut some panels to be
adhesively fastened to:
a. shorten the tub interior
b. modify the slope at the head end.

2 Use plywood to do the above and either tile the plywood or ask a
professional epoxy refinsisher to coat the bare plywood.

Any suggestions?

BoyntonStu

"Any suggestions? "

Yes, find a tub with ergonomics that you like instead of trying to
invent one.

Don Young

I don't think either of your ideas would make a good solution but they
certainly might be possible. I would not attempt to modify the tub but would
try to find or adapt some sort of backrest which would just sit in the tub.
Check the bath boutiques, handicapped suppliers, etc.. Look for something
plastic.
Don Young
wrote in message
ups.com...
We have an acrylic bathtub that my wife uses every day. At our
previous place we had a 'soaking' tub that my wife loved.

The problem is that the new tub is too long and the back rest is too
steep for her comfort. She is always sliding down as she bathes.

I can think of a few ideas to modify the tub.

1 Find an acrylic manufacturer who could cut some panels to be
adhesively fastened to:
a. shorten the tub interior
b. modify the slope at the head end.

2 Use plywood to do the above and either tile the plywood or ask a
professional epoxy refinsisher to coat the bare plywood.

Any suggestions?

BoyntonStu

Brigitte

wrote in message
A new wife comes to mind. It would be a lot less work too.

Yeah, but would cost a lot more.