Joe C

Default caulk question

I need to recaulk where my flashing meets my chimney. I've been told by a
roofer that the best caulk for this is by or is called vulkem (sp?). Does
anyone know if this is correct and if so, where can I get *one* tube retail?

thanks in advance,

Joe C.
Remove the key to reply

Robert Allison

Joe C wrote:

I need to recaulk where my flashing meets my chimney. I've been told by a
roofer that the best caulk for this is by or is called vulkem (sp?). Does
anyone know if this is correct and if so, where can I get *one* tube retail?

thanks in advance,

Joe C.
Remove the key to reply

I am assuming that your chimney is masonry? If so, then
Vulkem is a great product. Look in your yellow pages for
"Waterproofing products". (Keep in mind that waterproofing
will be AFTER water wells in the yellow pages). Any of the
stores listed there should carry it or be able to get it for you.

Here is a pdf file on Vulkem 116:

http://www.tremcosealants.com/filesh...s/VULKEM11.PDF

You could also use Geocell 2300 or PL2000.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
DanG

Vulkem is excellent caulk. It is one of the urethanes.
Equivalent caulk would be NP1 by Sonneborn. These products should
be available at any commercial contractors' supply store.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Joe C" wrote in message
. ..
I need to recaulk where my flashing meets my chimney. I've been
told by a roofer that the best caulk for this is by or is called
vulkem (sp?). Does anyone know if this is correct and if so,
where can I get *one* tube retail?

thanks in advance,

Joe C.
Remove the key to reply

i use pl2000 excellent results and a few saved bux too
"DanG" wrote in message
Vulkem is excellent caulk. It is one of the urethanes.
Equivalent caulk would be NP1 by Sonneborn. These products should
be available at any commercial contractors' supply store.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Joe C" wrote in message
. ..
I need to recaulk where my flashing meets my chimney. I've been
told by a roofer that the best caulk for this is by or is called
vulkem (sp?). Does anyone know if this is correct and if so,
where can I get *one* tube retail?

thanks in advance,

Joe C.
Remove the key to reply

Mildew resistant caulk m Ransley Home Repair 6 October 27th 04 01:01 AM
A bathtub question John W. Home Ownership 6 October 14th 04 08:14 PM
Shower tile - verticle seams - caulk or grout? dango Home Repair 3 September 26th 04 11:07 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM