Default STUCCO appplication tools

looking for source of handtools etc for application of synthetic stucco in
toronto area. pls don't reply suggesting homodepot or the like, them guys
do not carry app specific tools of quality
have goog'd and came back with the usual ebay referals but nothing of
substance...and stucco tools are big time different from concrete or
plaster.
tia!

DanG

Here is probably one of the best sources for all your tool needs:
http://www.wind-lock.com/public/main/default.asp
These people specialize in EIFS application tools.

Most outfits that can sell the materials to you will have most of
the basic hand tools.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

" wrote in message
. ..
looking for source of handtools etc for application of synthetic
stucco in
toronto area. pls don't reply suggesting homodepot or the
like, them guys
do not carry app specific tools of quality
have goog'd and came back with the usual ebay referals but
nothing of
substance...and stucco tools are big time different from
concrete or
plaster.
tia!

Wes Stewart

On Tue, 10 May 2005 21:08:43 GMT, TP

looking for source of handtools etc for application of synthetic stucco in
toronto area. pls don't reply suggesting homodepot or the like, them guys
do not carry app specific tools of quality
have goog'd and came back with the usual ebay referals but nothing of
substance...and stucco tools are big time different from concrete or
plaster.
tia!

http://www.eifs.org/faq.pdf
EIFS is sold to Professional Contractors, not home DIY’ers. If
you are licensed to install it, you would probably know where to
buy the stuff your looking for.

Right. I had a "professional contractor" install Dryvit on my house.

It took my lawyer two years to get my money back and I've still got
the same problem that was supposed to be fixed. The good news is that
I put the SOB out of business and if I'm lucky, he's in jail.

Since he said that the job would require 150 gal and he only put on
75, I have had plenty to play with. I built a low wall with Rastra
block and put Dryvit on it with a steel trowel and a rubber float. No
big deal and a better job than the "professional."

I wouldn't recommend the technique for the whole house, but then I
wouldn't recommend hiring a professional either.

The OP could try the technique this asshole tried to use for touch-up;
use a drywall texturing sprayer.

Thanx, owe you big time!!!! great site, has all the tools and know how i
need to tackle the job.
eifs contractors are famous for short changing clients and leaving cracked,
poorly done jobs in their wake. and the price they expect is insane, $7-9
per foot supp'd and installed.
will keep you all posted, wish me luck
"DanG" wrote in message

Here is probably one of the best sources for all your tool needs:
http://www.wind-lock.com/public/main/default.asp
These people specialize in EIFS application tools.

Most outfits that can sell the materials to you will have most of
the basic hand tools.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)