Bill

Default Radial Saw Parts?

Ok, my practically new (I bought it new only 32 years
ago) radial arm saw broke down. I know it is probably a
lost cause, but does any body have any idea where I
might be able to get parts for it? It is a ShopCraft
Model SC5110T1. I may have bought it from Grainger.

I am thinking about buying a new one, but there don't
seem to be a whole lot of them available any more. I
noticed that Harbor Freight had one on their web site
for about $250, but the only others I have been able to
find are Sears and Delta, at pretty high prices.

I suppose I could get a table saw, they are a lot less
expensive, but then I would have to learn how to use it
all over again. Also a table saw pretty much has to sit
in the middle of the floor. I have my radial built into
the work bench against the wall, where it is out of the
way when I'm not using it. Also it means I have a long
rip table when I am ripping long pieces.

Thanks,
Bill Gill
Chris Lewis

According to Bill :
Ok, my practically new (I bought it new only 32 years
ago) radial arm saw broke down. I know it is probably a
lost cause, but does any body have any idea where I
might be able to get parts for it? It is a ShopCraft
Model SC5110T1. I may have bought it from Grainger.

I think this is about as good as you can get:

http://www.owwm.com/mfgindex/detail.asp?ID=647

Betcha bought it from J. C. Penney. They may still be able to find
parts for you. Also chase down Benchmark (successor to Portable
Electric Tools which "owned" the Shopcraft brand) - which still appears
to exist in Jefferson City MO.

Benchmark is a (mostly/all handtool?) brand sold here in Canada
in some hardware stores, but no idea if it's related.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est