George

Too bad we are 2,000 miles apart. I have a similar vintage 10" craftsman
that was lightly used that is just gathering dust in the basement.

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
Ok, my practically new (I bought it new only 32 years
ago) radial arm saw broke down. I know it is probably a
lost cause, but does any body have any idea where I
might be able to get parts for it? It is a ShopCraft
Model SC5110T1. I may have bought it from Grainger.

I am thinking about buying a new one, but there don't
seem to be a whole lot of them available any more. I
noticed that Harbor Freight had one on their web site
for about $250, but the only others I have been able to
find are Sears and Delta, at pretty high prices.

I suppose I could get a table saw, they are a lot less
expensive, but then I would have to learn how to use it
all over again. Also a table saw pretty much has to sit
in the middle of the floor. I have my radial built into
the work bench against the wall, where it is out of the
way when I'm not using it. Also it means I have a long
rip table when I am ripping long pieces.

Thanks,
Bill Gill