roy davidson

Default How glue to polythene?

glue gun

"Cori" wrote in message
How can I best glue to polythene?

The polythene in question is dense and is taken from the nozzle of a
bottle. I need to glue it into place.

Of course I will key the polythene with many scatches but I need a
glue which will stick to it.

Will Araladite stick to polythene?
Will superglue stick to polythene?

Grunff

roy davidson wrote:
glue gun

This is deffinitely the best option for polythene (polyethylene).

--
Grunff
Don Klipstein

In article , Grunff wrote:
roy davidson wrote:
glue gun

This is deffinitely the best option for polythene (polyethylene).

More like least-worst, as in nothing is really good.

I have experienced the "hot melt" glues including/and the glues used in
glue guns to have some (but short of full) ability to stick to
polyethylene and the similar polypropylene.

Epoxy sometimes has ability to stick to (and with much less than normal
full ability) to polyethylene, and I suspect only that good to some grades
of polyethylene - there are different grades of polyethylene.

Please consider similarity of polyethylene to the similar (but even less
gluable) polytetrafluoroethylene, AKA PTFE, aka "Teflon" (I believe a
trademark of one of the more major manufacturers thereof) - famously
"no-stick"!

- Don Klipstein )
raden

In message , Don Klipstein
writes
In article , Grunff wrote:
roy davidson wrote:
glue gun

This is deffinitely the best option for polythene (polyethylene).

More like least-worst, as in nothing is really good.

I have experienced the "hot melt" glues including/and the glues used in
glue guns to have some (but short of full) ability to stick to
polyethylene and the similar polypropylene.

Epoxy sometimes has ability to stick to (and with much less than normal
full ability) to polyethylene, and I suspect only that good to some grades
of polyethylene - there are different grades of polyethylene.

Please consider similarity of polyethylene to the similar (but even less
gluable) polytetrafluoroethylene, AKA PTFE, aka "Teflon" (I believe a
trademark of one of the more major manufacturers thereof) - famously
"no-stick"!

If you were to make mall holes through the polythene and epoxy on both
sides, you might get better holding power
--
geoff