Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
toller

Default One coat or two to stain my house

I have two bids to solid stain my cedar sided house. One is 50% higher
than the other, but includes two coats.

I probably should have done it last year (or the year before) so it is not
in great shape; but would two coats be any better than one?

The single coat guy says two coats are only necessary when you want to go to
a lighter color.