Junior Member

Question caribbean building....Rebar and Blocks

Hello everybody.
Would anybody be as kind to advise me of any online resources concerning Caribbean building/reinforced bockworking. I am a second year brickwork student in the u.k. But we dont cover block building with rebar and poured concrete. I know that this method is used in various regions and I would be most grateful if anybody could throw any light on the subject or decent online learning resources. Sorry for my naiveity and thanks in advance.

Regards

Neil

One big problem in Key West - that's well into the Caribbean climate,
but still U.S. - is deterioration of concrete and reinforcing from salt
in the water. U.S. Navy had chunks of concrete falling from big
structures because of this. One solution tried was epoxy coated
reinforcing.

Portland Cement Association might have info.
TB

Edwin Pawlowski

"neilchak" wrote in message

Hello everybody.
Would anybody be as kind to advise me of any online resources
concerning Caribbean building/reinforced bockworking. I am a second
year brickwork student in the u.k. But we dont cover block building
with rebar and poured concrete. I know that this method is used in
various regions and I would be most grateful if anybody could throw any
light on the subject or decent online learning resources. Sorry for my
naiveity and thanks in advance.

Regards

Neil

Check out www.polysteel.com and www.reddiform.com Both companies have
supplied product in the UK and Reddiform is starting to manufacture there.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One big problem in Key West - that's well into the Caribbean climate,
but still U.S. - is deterioration of concrete and reinforcing from salt
in the water. U.S. Navy had chunks of concrete falling from big
structures because of this. One solution tried was epoxy coated
reinforcing.

Portland Cement Association might have info.
TB
Thank you very much TB I will visit their website.