Leonardo

Default dimmer for low voltage track light

I puchased transformer on the fixture type halogens that use MR16 50
watt bulbs.

I'll setting up 6 on a switch for a total of 300W

I'll confused as to what type of dimmer switch to use for this application.

Your help would be appreciated

Lenny
RBM

Find out if the transformer is magnetic or electronic and then buy a low
voltage magnetic or electronic dimmer. One thing to be careful of, I believe
electronic low voltage dimmers require a neutral connection. You probably
won't be able to get these dimmers from places like Home Depot, so try an
electrical supply or lighting store
"Leonardo" wrote in message
I puchased transformer on the fixture type halogens that use MR16 50 watt
bulbs.

I'll setting up 6 on a switch for a total of 300W

I'll confused as to what type of dimmer switch to use for this
application.

Your help would be appreciated

Lenny

m Ransley

I used Leutron slide 600w from HD and no isses or buzz for 12 years. Ive
heard some can cause buzz but maybe I was lucky and just got the right
kind.

BobK207

Lutron makes a low voltage dimmer

Leonardo

Thanks

I'll go with either the Lutron or the Leutron ... :-)

Lenny

Mark

some of those low voltge "electronic transformers" cause radio and TV
interference

Mark