DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dimmer for low voltage track light (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/104134-dimmer-low-voltage-track-light.html)

Leonardo April 23rd 05 06:42 PM

dimmer for low voltage track light

I puchased transformer on the fixture type halogens that use MR16 50
watt bulbs.

I'll setting up 6 on a switch for a total of 300W

I'll confused as to what type of dimmer switch to use for this application.

Your help would be appreciated

Lenny

RBM April 23rd 05 08:12 PM

Find out if the transformer is magnetic or electronic and then buy a low
voltage magnetic or electronic dimmer. One thing to be careful of, I believe
electronic low voltage dimmers require a neutral connection. You probably
won't be able to get these dimmers from places like Home Depot, so try an
electrical supply or lighting store

m Ransley April 23rd 05 09:09 PM

I used Leutron slide 600w from HD and no isses or buzz for 12 years. Ive
heard some can cause buzz but maybe I was lucky and just got the right
kind.

BobK207 April 25th 05 06:33 AM

Lutron makes a low voltage dimmer

Leonardo April 25th 05 01:04 PM

Thanks

I'll go with either the Lutron or the Leutron ... :-)

Lenny

Mark April 25th 05 03:31 PM

some of those low voltge "electronic transformers" cause radio and TV
interference

Mark