Bradley V. Stone

Default Question on Addition and Power/Phone/Gas Lines

We are going to have an addition put on our home. It will be off the
back of the house.

Right now the power, gas and phone lines go into the house where our
addition will be added on, so they will have to be moved.

Where to move them, well, we have a couple options. But, I was just
wondering how much of an issue this would be? Who does this, the
utility companies, or a contractor? Is it an expensive proposition? Is
this something I could talk with the guy about when they come out to
mark the lines?

Thanks.. this is really out of curiosity.
Robert Allison

Bradley V. Stone wrote:

We are going to have an addition put on our home. It will be off the
back of the house.

Right now the power, gas and phone lines go into the house where our
addition will be added on, so they will have to be moved.

Where to move them, well, we have a couple options. But, I was just
wondering how much of an issue this would be? Who does this, the
utility companies, or a contractor? Is it an expensive proposition? Is
this something I could talk with the guy about when they come out to
mark the lines?

Thanks.. this is really out of curiosity.

It can be a big issue. You are responsible for moving all of
those utilities. A contractor will have to be used for moving
them. Then the work will be inspected by the governing
jurisdiction, then they will be turned on. The phone line
won't be a big deal, but the service and the gas will be. I
would budget about $2,000 for this if there aren't any major
problems and can be done easily.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.