new england gal

Default Power washers

I am looking into buying a powerwasher. I will only be using it to
spray off the deck, driveway, wash the car and occasionally clean the
garage door(That's all I can think of right now). What power would I
need? I think it would be considered light use? And what are the
advantages of electric or gas powered?

As always....thanks everyone for your info.

DS

I use mine the same way.
I have a 1300psi electric unit (sorry, forget the name) and it's ideal for
what you suggest. I find it especially good on our vinyl siding. Also
useful for cleaning mats, lawn furniture, outdoor carpets, windows, screens
and the carpeting in my boat. It's also great at blasting weeds out of the
seams between patio blocks and the like. I also use it to strip the old
stain from our deck (although you must be very careful not to damage the
wood. Adjust the spray and the distance from the nozzle so that it does not
bore into the wood.)
You can get bigger, more powerful and more expensive units but frankly, for
light, occasional household use like this, I don't think you need them.
One word of advice.
Stay away from Karcher. I had nothing but trouble with it and the one Home
depot gave me to replace it. I believe Karcher also builds Simoniz.
Biggest problem with any of them is the tangle. Here is a device with a long
power cord, an attached garden hose and a long pressure hose. Nobody seems
to have devised a way to keep them all unsnarled.
Just be sure you don't leave it outside in spring or fall. If they freeze,
they're toast and not worth repairing.
Good luck
ds

"new england gal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking into buying a powerwasher. I will only be using it to
spray off the deck, driveway, wash the car and occasionally clean the
garage door(That's all I can think of right now). What power would I
need? I think it would be considered light use? And what are the
advantages of electric or gas powered?

As always....thanks everyone for your info.

new england gal

Thanks for the info!

Power surges Cheryl Home Repair 54 June 25th 04 08:50 PM
POWER SAVING UNIT ? mowhoong Electronics Repair 7 May 7th 04 06:10 AM
need help tracing power circuit on laptop railroadrum Electronics Repair 7 April 16th 04 09:02 PM
Can power supply rebuild kit save this VCR? Sofie Electronics Repair 5 April 14th 04 10:37 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM