Default Washer repair?

Just had a leak from a 12 year old Kenmore washer, made a squeaking
noise on it's last run, then had a floor full of water. Is it worth
repairing?
mike urig

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:53:51 +0000, chastain wrote:

Just had a leak from a 12 year old Kenmore washer, made a squeaking
noise on it's last run, then had a floor full of water. Is it worth
repairing?

Clothes or dishwasher? either one I'ld buy a new one. If you have a
friend with a truck you could buy one tomorrow and have it installed
before a repairman can see it.

Edwin Pawlowski

"mike urig" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:53:51 +0000, chastain wrote:

Just had a leak from a 12 year old Kenmore washer, made a squeaking
noise on it's last run, then had a floor full of water. Is it worth
repairing?

Clothes or dishwasher? either one I'ld buy a new one. If you have a
friend with a truck you could buy one tomorrow and have it installed
before a repairman can see it.

Why do you need a truck? My local dealer, with prices as good as the big
stores, delivered our new washer in about three hours from the time we
bought it. They took away the old one, unpacked and hooked up the new one.
Surely not worth the hassle of doing this all myself to save 20 bucks or so.

Twenty years ago, the same local dealers were considerably higher in price
than the discount stores. The little dealers got smart and formed buying
co-ops and now are very competitive on price and way ahead on service. It
will pay you to check them out.

I agree that at 12 years, it may not be worth fixing. Repairs can easily be
$70 to $200 and another major component can die next week. Do some searching
for the problem at www.repairclinic.com New machine $300 to $600.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Kenmore washer

Kenmore is made by several different companies, model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

made a squeaking noise on it's last run, then had a floor full of

water. Is it worth repairing?

Really depends on what is wrong and what is needed to correct it.
Water pumps are fairly common for leaks and noises!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Art

The only big box store I consider for appliances is Sears. At least before
they were purchased by Kmart, if a new appliance gave you trouble, they
would exchange it without a fight. Small dealers don't like doing that in
my experience.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

news