ChopTop

Default How to fix coffee table white burn-in imprints!?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to repair this furniture
problem. My wife set a couple of hot corn on the cobbs on a napkin on our
wooden coffee table. Later, we realized that the cobbs had let two white
imprints of the cobbs on the table. Now, I'm assuming these were left behind
because the cobbs were so hot. We tried to wipe off the white imprints, but
it didn't help. Do you know of a way to remove these white burned in
imprints of these cobbs? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan Adams

nospambob

Sounds like blush where moisture has gotten into the finish. Some
spread mayonnaise on the spots overnight while others use peanut
butter the same way. Cloth slightly dampened with lacquer thinner or
alcohol and lightly swiped on the spots would be my first choice
because it's quick and there is immediate feedback. Sheen of the
finish will probably be altered.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:22:56 -0400, "ChopTop"
wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to repair this furniture
problem. My wife set a couple of hot corn on the cobbs on a napkin on our
wooden coffee table. Later, we realized that the cobbs had let two white
imprints of the cobbs on the table. Now, I'm assuming these were left behind
because the cobbs were so hot. We tried to wipe off the white imprints, but
it didn't help. Do you know of a way to remove these white burned in
imprints of these cobbs? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan Adams

TURTLE

"ChopTop" wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to repair this furniture problem.
My wife set a couple of hot corn on the cobbs on a napkin on our wooden coffee
table. Later, we realized that the cobbs had let two white imprints of the
cobbs on the table. Now, I'm assuming these were left behind because the cobbs
were so hot. We tried to wipe off the white imprints, but it didn't help. Do
you know of a way to remove these white burned in imprints of these cobbs? Any
help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan Adams

This is Turtle

They have some other cures here but I have found plain old Vaseline Petroleum
Jelly works real good on this problem. all you do is put the jelly on it over
nite or some times longer to get the oil back in the white place and drive out
the water that had entered with the heat and water being on it. The Jelly will
on the wood.

TURTLE