Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
bryan

Default Trim Around Hinges

Hi all,

I'm adding new trim to all the doors in my house. The material is flat
1x4 MDF. Since the trim is flat, I thought it would look cleaner with
no reveal. But that means I need to cut back the trim around the
hinges.

I'm wondering about a couple of things the collective experience may
know.

a.) How important is the reveal? Is my clean approach stupid for some
reason other than the fact that you need to cut around the hinges.

b.) What is the best tool to get the cleanest cut out for the hinge.

Thanks,

-bryan