Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

david

Default Etching garage floor

hi
I am planning to put a 2 part EPOXY on my garage floor. Since i have
some oil stains i am going to be using a Cleaner first. I am planning
on etching the floor then adding a primer and then the 2 part EPOXY.
My main concern is the etching.

How does one spread the solution around the garage?

Do i need to buy a respirator etc?

I know one has to use fresh water to clean the solution thoroughly?
However with the water runoff down the driveway, will it have an effect
to the driveway surface?

What about the grass?

thanks

Charles Spitzer

"david" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi
I am planning to put a 2 part EPOXY on my garage floor. Since i have
some oil stains i am going to be using a Cleaner first. I am planning
on etching the floor then adding a primer and then the 2 part EPOXY.
My main concern is the etching.

How does one spread the solution around the garage?

Do i need to buy a respirator etc?

I know one has to use fresh water to clean the solution thoroughly?
However with the water runoff down the driveway, will it have an effect
to the driveway surface?

What about the grass?

thanks

what does the package say? it will have all the answers. if not, it will
have an 800 number to call to ask.

steve

You might also want to look at the Material Safety Data Sheet for the
etching chemical -- It will probably have some good information that a
user should know. Either the retailer or the manufacturer (probably via
their website) should make it available to the consumer.

Steve