Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kelly E Jones

Default Pouring concrete over cistern

I have a concrete, in-ground cistern about 14' square. It's currently
topped with a wooden structure, but I'm thinkng of replacing this with
a simple concrete cover.

Is it possible/practical to pour the cover 'in place'? That is, build
a form on top of the cistern, do the pour, then (somehow) remove the
forms and drop the cover in place? If this is a common procedure, any
pointers on how it's done?

This is a somewhat inaccesssible location, and there's no way I'm
getting a pre-cast cover in there.

Thanks,

Kelly