Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob

Default Garage depth question

Hi,

What is considered the minimum clearance needed for an average person with
reasonable carefulness (and maybe with the help of some pads on the floor as
well) to park a car in the garage on daily basis without undue
difficulties? Say for a car of overall length 16', what is generally
considered minimum net depth INSIDE the garage to park it without too much
trouble? I know skilled people can do it with only 1 or 2 inches clearance
but I am looking for the average who is reasonably careful and doesn't want
too much headache parking his car.

Thanks. Bob