Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Boundary Dispute

Hi,
We have recently moved house and we have an area between our house and our neighbour's house which you would think would be shared between the properties. Our back garden is partly behind this area, so you would think that that border would continue forward between the houses and through to the front garden and the up to the road. However our neighbour tell us they own this entire area between the houses and have placed five large plant pots there, one virtualy touching our house. This is their only side access but we also have access on the other side of our house. We currently can only get to this area by walking down their drive but we suspect they have made changes whilst the house was empty before we moved in.
A friend tells us that there must be an area next to the outside wall of a house that belongs to that house, then an area of no-man's land, then the neighbour's property. If this is true it would prove the pots have to be moved as they are on our own land. Please can you advise if this is the case and whether the border between the houses at the back would reasonably continue forward between the houses as we suspect. Our neighbours seem to be telling us that the border curves around our house and the chimney breast giving them the whole area between the houses. Please advise.
Cheers,
Andrew

Last edited by Kristiansand99 : January 18th 05 at 08:51 AM

Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs Kev Parkin UK diy 52 March 2nd 20 01:29 PM
Fence boundary question. Dave UK diy 13 November 25th 04 04:48 PM
New boundary fence Rob Graham UK diy 22 October 31st 04 03:07 PM
Shower drainage - possible boundary dispute (O/T?) [email protected] UK diy 2 August 17th 04 09:04 PM
Footings crossing boundary Rockydell UK diy 28 February 24th 04 07:19 AM