KLS

On 18 Jan 2005 12:10:19 -0800, "Chip C" wrote:

"no man's land"? between private properties? The only thing I can think
of that remotely resembles that is (a) road allowance, which is a grey
area of your property bordering the street which you need to maintain
but which the city can take over if it wants, and (b) common property
in a condominium or similar situation.

A third possibility is that this "no man's land" is actually owned by
the local county or town, much like the allowance in (a) above. My
parents had such a situation where the town owned a strip of land
about 20 feet wide between their house and the neighbors, and we mowed
the damned thing for 29 years. The town never built the pedestrian
walkway they'd bought the property for.